Everything You Need to Know About Infrared Saunas
How Do Infrared Saunas Work
Who doesn't love a good sweat sesh in a sauna? It's been a go-to relaxation method for centuries! But hold on to your towels, folks, because technology has taken the sauna game up a notch. Enter: the infrared sauna.
This bad boy is the talk of the town, and for a good reason. It's not your average sauna. Infrared saunas are a whole different breed and offer a slew of unique benefits that traditional saunas can't match.
We're talking deep body penetration for an intense sweat session, plus a design that's both convenient and accessible. If you want to kick your sauna game up a notch and explore the health benefits, it's time to get up to speed on what makes infrared saunas so unique.
We're about to dive deeply into what sets infrared saunas apart from the pack. Get ready to learn about the unique features that make this sauna the crème de la crème.
What’s a Full-Spectrum Infrared Sauna?
Welcome to the wonderful world of infrared saunas! These marvels of technology are sure to give you a sauna experience unlike any other. But wait, did you know there are different types of infrared saunas? Let's look at the two most popular: full-spectrum infrared saunas and standard infrared saunas.
Don't get us wrong - standard infrared saunas are great. They use specific wavelengths of near-infrared light to generate heat and make you sweat like a champion. The heat is delivered through fancy-pants ceramic or carbon heating elements that are carefully placed within the walls or benches of the sauna. But let's be honest - sometimes we want more.
Enter full-spectrum infrared saunas! These use a combination of near, mid, and far infrared wavelengths to produce some serious heat. That's right. We're talking about a sauna experience that's so intense you'll feel like a superhero. The different wavelengths can penetrate your skin at varying depths, offering a more thorough and all-encompassing sweat. How does it work? Full-spectrum infrared saunas are equipped with top-of-the-line carbon fiber heating panels that emit a full range of infrared energy. Pretty nifty, huh?
So, there you have it - the lowdown on the full spectrum and standard infrared saunas. Which one will you choose? We guarantee that no matter which one you go with, you'll feel rejuvenated and refreshed in no time.
Best Overall Infrared Saunas
Let's face it. When figuring out which infrared sauna to choose, there are a ton of brands and designs to consider! Here are a few of our personal favorites.
Dynamic Saunas is a leading brand in the infrared sauna industry, offering innovative designs and top-quality construction. Their saunas feature advanced carbon fiber heating panels that emit a full spectrum of infrared energy and come in various sizes and styles to fit any space or budget.
Maxxus is another well-regarded brand in the infrared sauna industry, offering a range of high-quality saunas at competitive prices. Their saunas feature full-spectrum infrared heating panels and are available in various sizes and styles to fit any space or budget.
SunRay is a brand known for its sleek and stylish designs, as well as its high-quality construction. Their saunas feature advanced carbon fiber heating panels to deliver a full spectrum of infrared energy and are available in a range of sizes and styles to fit any space.
Golden Designs is a well-regarded brand in the infrared sauna industry, offering a range of high-quality saunas designed to deliver intense and effective heat therapy. Their saunas are made from the finest materials and feature advanced carbon fiber heating panels to emit a full spectrum of infrared energy.
Which Type of Wood is Best?
The type of wood used in constructing an infrared sauna can significantly impact its overall quality, durability, and performance. Some of the best types of timber for infrared saunas include:
- Cedar - Cedar is a popular choice for infrared saunas due to its natural resistance to moisture, insects, and rot. It is also a lightweight wood that is easy to work with, making it ideal for sauna construction. Additionally, cedar has a pleasant aroma that is often associated with saunas, which can enhance the overall sauna experience.
- Hemlock - Hemlock is another popular choice for infrared saunas due to its strength and durability. It is also a relatively lightweight wood that is easy to work with and is known for its uniform grain patterns. Hemlock is a good choice for saunas that will see heavy use, as it is designed to hold up well over time.
- Basswood - Basswood is a softwood that is lightweight and easy to work with, making it an ideal choice for sauna construction. It is also known for its uniform grain patterns and straight lines, which can help to create a clean and polished look for your sauna.
- Redwood - Redwood is a durable and attractive wood often used for outdoor applications, making it an excellent choice for infrared saunas. It is naturally resistant to rot, insects, and moisture and has a pleasant aroma that can enhance the overall sauna experience.
Ceramic vs. Carbon Infrared Heaters
Okay, listen up, sauna seekers! If you're in the market for an infrared sauna, you must know about the two types of heaters: ceramic and carbon. This is no small detail, folks - it can make a big difference in how your sauna performs and how much you enjoy it!
Let's break it down. Ceramic heaters use ceramic to emit infrared energy and heat your sauna. They're like the OGs of infrared sauna technology, and they've been keeping people warm and sweaty for years. But wait - don’t count out carbon heaters! These babies use, you guessed it, carbon to produce infrared energy and heat your sauna. They're the new kids on the block, but they've been making waves in the sauna world.
So, which one is better? Ceramic heaters have a longer track record, so you know they're tried and true. But carbon heaters offer a more even and intense heat, which some sauna enthusiasts swear by. It's all about personal preference!
Now that you're up to speed on ceramic and carbon heaters, you can confidently make an informed decision when choosing your infrared sauna. Whether you go for the classic ceramic or the hip and trendy carbon, you're sure to have a steamy and satisfying sauna experience. Get ready to feel the burn!
Top 5 Infrared Saunas For Sale
- Maxxus Seattle 2-Person Low EMF Far Infrared Carbon Canadian Hemlock Sauna: This sauna is constructed using Canadian Hemlock wood, which is known for its durability and resistance to moisture, making it an ideal material for a sauna. The sauna also features low EMF carbon heaters, known for their high efficiency and effectiveness in producing infrared energy.
- Dynamic Saunas Venice 2-Person Low EMF Far Infrared Sauna: This sauna features a low EMF far infrared heating system designed to provide a safe and effective heating experience. The sauna is also constructed using high-quality materials, including Canadian Hemlock wood, known for its durability and resistance to moisture.
- Golden Designs Reserve 2 Person Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna: Featuring full spectrum infrared sauna heaters, a Himalayan salt bar and Bluetooth stereo, this Canadian Hemlock 2 person infrared sauna is an absolute showstopper!
- SunRay Saunas Cordova 2-Person Far Infrared Sauna: This sauna features far infrared heaters designed to provide a safe and effective heating experience. The sauna is constructed using high-quality materials, including Canadian Hemlock wood, and is designed to be easy to assemble and use.
- Dynamic Saunas "Santiago" 2-Person Low EMF Far Infrared Sauna: This sauna features low EMF far infrared heaters designed to provide a safe and effective heating experience. The sauna is constructed using high-quality materials, including Canadian Hemlock wood, and is intended to be easy to assemble and use.
Top Full-Spectrum Infrared Saunas For Sale
- First and foremost, the size of the sauna is an important consideration. The Golden Designs Reserve 6 Person Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna is designed for larger groups, making it a great choice for families or those who entertain guests frequently.
- The Dynamic Saunas "Santiago" 2 Person Low EMF Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna, on the other hand, are more compact and designed for two people, making them a better choice for those who are looking for a more personal sauna experience.
- Another important consideration is the price. While both models offer advanced full spectrum infrared technology, the Golden Designs Reserve Edition and the Dynamic Saunas "Santiago" tend to be more budget-friendly than the larger Enlighten Sauna Sierra 5 Person. This makes them an excellent choice for consumers looking for a more cost-effective option.
Do Infrared Saunas Emit EMF?
It's time to talk about electric and magnetic fields or EMF. Don't worry, we'll keep it light - but it's an important topic to understand regarding your infrared sauna experience.
So, what is EMF? We covered it here, but let's dive in to a little more information. They're a type of energy in our environment, both naturally and artificially. Some folks are concerned that exposure to high levels of EMF from sources like power lines, cell phones, and Wi-Fi could lead to health problems, including cancer, developmental issues in kiddos, and fertility problems.
But fear not! The EMF emitted by infrared saunas are generally low and nothing to stress about. Infrared saunas work using infrared light, non-ionizing radiation that doesn't have the same health effects as ionizing radiation. Plus, most infrared sauna manufacturers take steps to keep EMF exposure to a minimum. They might use low-EMF heaters or keep the sauna grounded, for example.
Now, if you're still feeling uneasy about EMFs, there are some things you can do. You can look for infrared saunas specifically designed to emit low levels of EMFs, or you can use an EMF meter to check the levels in your sauna. And, of course, you can take some simple precautions, like sitting a bit farther away from the heaters or choosing a sauna made from materials that block EMFs.
So, there you have it! With this knowledge under your belt, you can rest easy and enjoy all the benefits of your infrared sauna without any worries. Here's to a happy, healthy, and sweat-filled life!
Mistakes to Avoid When Buying an Infrared Sauna
Oh, the joys of buying an infrared sauna! It's important to remember some factors that will help you choose the right one for your needs. Here are some common mistakes to avoid:
Size and Shape: Remember to measure the space where you plan to install your sauna and choose one that will fit the area perfectly.
Brand and Quality: Not all brands are created equal. Research customer reviews before purchasing to avoid manufacturing defects or low-quality materials.
Type of Heating Elements: Do you prefer carbon or ceramic heaters? Each type has advantages and disadvantages, so choose the one that best fits your needs.
Safety Features: Safety first, folks! Always choose an infrared sauna with automatic shut-off, overheat protection, and well-insulated walls to ensure your safety.
Certifications and Standards: Look for certifications from organizations such as ETL, CE, or RoHS. These indicate that the sauna has been tested for safety and quality.
Cost of Operation: Remember, your infrared sauna will consume electricity, so make sure you choose an energy-efficient model that won't break the bank.
By avoiding these common mistakes, you'll be able to find an infrared sauna that provides you with the best value for your money and serves you well for years to come. Happy sauna shopping!
Infrared Sauna Benefits
Ready to learn about the excellent health benefits of infrared saunas? Look no further! Scientific research has shown that these little heat boxes have profound anti-aging benefits. Here are some of the most notable benefits:
Detoxification: Say goodbye to toxins! Infrared saunas help your body eliminate unwanted chemicals and substances through sweat, giving you an overall feeling of health and well-being.
Pain Relief: Whether you're dealing with sore muscles or chronic pain, infrared heat can penetrate deep into your tissues and relieve aches and pains while improving circulation.
Stress Reduction: We could all use less stress in our lives. Infrared saunas can help you relax and unwind, leading to a more positive mental and emotional state.
Improved Skin Health: Want a youthful glow? Infrared heat can increase blood flow to the skin, boosting collagen production and giving you a healthy, vibrant appearance.
Weight Loss: Infrared saunas can help you burn calories and lose weight by increasing your heart rate and metabolism.
Boosted Immune System: White blood cells activate! Infrared heat can stimulate the production of these powerful little cells, which help keep your immune system in tip-top shape.
Improved Sleep: Say goodbye to restless nights! Infrared saunas can help you relax and sleep better by reducing stress and promoting relaxation.
Anti-Aging Benefits: Keep looking young and vibrant with the anti-aging benefits of infrared heat. Improved circulation and collagen production can help slow aging and keep you feeling your best.
Are Infrared Saunas Safe for Everyone?
Infrared saunas are generally considered safe for most people. But there are definitely some people who should avoid using them or use them with caution.
- Pregnant women: They should consult their doctor before using an infrared sauna, as the heat can be intense and potentially harm the developing fetus.
- People with heart conditions: Infrared saunas can raise your heart rate and blood pressure, so if you have a heart condition, you must consult your doctor before using one.
- People with implanted medical devices: Infrared saunas can interfere with some medical devices, like pacemakers. So, you must check with your doctor if you have any implanted medical devices.
- People with certain skin conditions: Infrared saunas can dry out your skin, exacerbating certain skin conditions, such as eczema.
- People with certain medical conditions: If you have any medical conditions, it's essential to consult with your doctor before using an infrared sauna, as heat and sweating can affect some conditions.
What Are the Disadvantages of Infrared Saunas?
While infrared saunas have numerous benefits, there are also some drawbacks to be aware of. To ensure you have the best possible experience, here's a quick rundown of the disadvantages to keep in mind.
Infrared saunas can be quite an investment, and while they offer many benefits, they may be outside everyone's budget. Make sure to research and determine what you're willing to spend before purchasing.
Another thing to consider is size. Infrared saunas are typically larger than traditional saunas and can take up quite a bit of space. If you live in a smaller home or apartment, you may need to get creative when finding a place to install your sauna.
Finally, it's worth noting that not everyone will have the same experience with an infrared sauna. Some people may find that they don't enjoy the heat or that they don't get the same benefits as others. It's always best to try one out before purchasing to make sure it's the right fit for you.
DISCLAIMER: Always consult your doctor or health care professional before using a sauna, as they may not suit everyone.
This Article is independently written by Sarah Lopes. All opinions given are hers. Sarah has a Master's Degree in Health Psychology with a concentration in Mind-Body Medicine and has been a Registered Yoga Instructor since 2009. Her passion for health and wellness began as a child and has deeply rooted in her 20 years as a working professional in the field.